Purchase the book, The Productive Leadership System™
Read about the Productive Leadership System by purchasing the book through these links:
“Tom’s Productive Leadership Model™ is a comprehensive way of evaluating and applying positive organizational change. The overall model is supported by lots of tools and techniques to help analyze and implement.”
– Klaus Blache, Director, Reliability and Maintainability Center, Univ of Tennessee
“It was very clear to me the motivation to write this book was based on the author’s passion for the topic and his desire to allow others to benefit from his experience. Hands down the most comprehensive and descriptive book I’ve ever read on effective leadership!”
– Bob Latino, CEO, Reliability Center, Inc.
“Over the years, I have read many leadership books, but when I started reading The Productive Leadership System by Tom Moriarty, I found it quite a different type of leadership book. It is not like other academic books but is filled with some remarkably engaging lessons with why and how’s.”
– Ramesh Gulati, Author of The Maintenance and Reliability Best-Practices
Author: Thomas J. Moriarty, PE, CMRP
Plant Services Magazine Human Capital Author since 2009
The book is priced at $59.95 and the publisher is Industrial Press.
All organizations are capable of overcoming the barriers to excellence. They need a system that supports productive leadership. The Productive Leadership System™ is comprised of organizational accountability and individual leadership capability. The Organizational Reliability Model™ is an excellent model for organizational accountability. The Productive Leadership Model™ provides the specifics on individual leadership capabilities.
The chapters cover:
- Why leadership is important, the costs and benefits of improving leadership and the need to be working on the right problems.
- Important aspects of the human brain. People (leaders and followers) can learn throughout their lives. Learning is the basis of behaviors. Behaviors are the basis of habits and habits are the basis for culture.
- Organizational Reliability is a system model that assigns accountability. At each leadership level the senior person sets guidance and assets. The junior persons at each leadership level are accountable to execute with current guidance and current assets, and to communicate deficiencies to the senior person. Most leaders have accountabilities as a senior person and as a junior person.
- Productive Leadership is a leader, provided with guidance and assets, applying leadership roles, attributes and skills, through sources of power, to influence others to achieve goals. Leaders must have the capability to execute their accountabilities. It’s much more than just leadership skills.
- This chapter is about how a work center, department, facility or entire organization can implement a Productive Leadership System™.
- A summary and concluding thoughts on the Productive Leadership System™.
- Overview of the ISO 55000 (series) Standard for Asset Management,
- The Requirements and Execution Model™; a way to consistently develop, implement and manage processes, procedures and measures.
- Team Effectiveness and Motivation Survey™. A ‘how to’ section on conducting your own survey.