Alidade MER provides assessments, training and implementation support for asset management using our proven Organizational Reliability Model©.
Contact us to discuss your objectives, and how we can help you achieve them.
An excellent framework for achieving organizational objectives is the Standard for Asset Management (ISO 55000, series). Asset management focuses on risk, cost and value.
Assets can be human, physical equipment, data, intellectual property or other items that have potential or actual value. Asset management begins when assets are contemplated or planned. Asset management continues during design, attainment, commissioning, operation, maintenance, improvement projects and disposal.
Activities in an asset’s life prior to commissioning typically account for 25% of total life-cycle costs. Operation, maintenance and improvement projects account for 75% of life-cycle costs. Alidade MER specializes in improving asset management in post-commissioning life-cycle phases. We assist clients in lowering risks, lower costs and increasing value.
We assess current performance, provide strategic plans, educate, train, assist with implementation and drive to common practice. Alidade MER deploys small teams of experts and we transfer knowledge to client staff and work force so they become experts.
Culture Change and Behaviors
Many senior managers want culture change. Culture change is a lagging indicator, not task. Alidade MER focuses on creating consistent behaviors. Culture is what most people do most of the time. What people ‘do’ are behaviors. Implementing best-practice behaviors and performing them consistently becomes high performance. High performance over time becomes the culture.
Improved processes (work management process) increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Workforce labor effectiveness improves on the order of 20% to 30%.
- Higher job satisfaction, lower turnover, absenteeism and grievances.
- Typical turnover cost is 25% of hourly worker annual compensation.
- The number of work orders completed per person per day can improve by 50% or more.
- PM completion rates improve to near 100%.
- Reactive work declines from 60% to less than 20%.
- Resource availability from improved labor effectiveness can be:
- Reinvested in more PMs, increasing condition monitoring or predictive maintenance,
- Increased opportunities for training and skills development,
- Reliability and continuous improvement projects.
In addition disciplined processes generate consistent data. Consistent data enables better decisions.
Excellence in core management processes, or maintenance management processes include identification, prioritization, planning, coordination and scheduling, executing the task and completing and closing out the task. Contact us.